CTOMS Trauma Physicians 1-Day Course April 18 or 19th in Edmonton, AB
The CTOMS Emergency Procedures Course is a unique opportunity to practice high acuity, low occurrence procedures on real pathophysiological training model (PTM). The course is designed to be a 1 full day trauma management saturation experience.
The focus is to provide maximum time executing procedural skills through a combination of task trainers and high-fidelity PTMs. The tabletops are run with PTMs at a ratio of 1x instructor and PTM to 3 students.
The procedures/ skills covered are as follows:
- Hemorrhage control, including direct and indirect pressure, wound packing, hemostatic dressings, limb tourniquets, including release and removal.
- Anatomical, digital, and needle chest decompression. Chest seal application.
- Finger and tube thoracostomy with Heimlich Valve, and Pleur-evac.
- Abdominal evisceration management.
- Surgical airway.
- Intraosseous insertion, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Damage control resuscitation, including tranexamic acid, blood product, and whole blood administration.
- Lateral canthotomy.
- Field amputation.
- Resuscitative thoracostomy.
CTOMS Training facility, 4727 101 St. NW Edmonton, AB
1 full day in-house.
Ideal for emergency and rural/remote/austere physicians, as well as other health care professionals that are required to perform life saving interventions.
Date: April 18th & 19th
Full Day Course: $2400.00
After you register, email email@example.com to notify CTOMS of your preferred date.