Everything you need to know about present, past and future TAC conferences!
2020- Halifax-March 26-27, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF TAC 2020 in Halifax
TO: All Registered Delegates of TAC 2020 in Halifax
FROM: TAC Board of Directors
Date: March 11, 2020
Following extensive discussions and following recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Trauma Association of Canada (TAC) by Dr. Robert Strang (Nova Scotia Chief Medical Officer of Health) received late on March 10th, it is now clear that the TAC Annual Scientific Meeting and Conference scheduled March 25-27, 2020 in Halifax must be cancelled. This decision is a direct response to the evolving risk associated with COVID-19 and is motivated by our desire to protect both the public and the health care workers who would be attending the conference as delegates.
With regards to the pre-meeting courses and committee meetings:
- All pre-meeting education courses and in-person committee meetings are cancelled.
- For the AIME course scheduled for March 24, please contact Gail Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org as this course is run by the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP)
- Accreditation Symposium – attempts will be made to reformat this as a virtual meeting or reschedule at a future date.
- Committee and subgroup Chairs will be in touch as some of these meetings may be rescheduled as teleconferences or virtual meetings.
- Annual General Meeting on March 26, 2020- will be rescheduled as a teleconference at a future date.
With regards to registration fees paid, we ask for your patience as we work through this cancellation process.
With regards to your hotel reservations:
- If your reservation was made by Kate Mahon at the TAC office, then it has been cancelled and you do not have to call hotel.
- If you made your own reservation you must contact the hotel directly at numbers below, providing your confirmation number for faster service.
Prince George – 1-800-565-1567 or email@example.com
Cambridge Suites – 1-800-565-1263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any reservations not cancelled will be charged for non arrival
Once again, we all share in the disappointment at this unfortunate and quickly evolving turn of world events. It will take us some time to coordinate all that needs to be done now to cancel this event. We will keep you updated over the next few days.
Dr. Lorraine Tremblay
TAC President (on behalf of the Board of Directors)
Looking for your CME, CHL or CEU Certificate from a Past Conference? (You must first complete an evaluation form, then you will be able to download, save and/or print your certificate).
2019-Calgary: To access the evaluation module for 2019 and receive your certificate of attendance please go to: 2019 Calgary Evaluation Module
2018- Toronto: The last date certificates could be issued was May 24, 2019. Unfortunately if you have not completed an evaluation for that conference then a certificate is unable to be issued now.
Mark Your Calendars for 2021 as we are booked: (Please note the date has been changed)
New Date in 2021- Vancouver April 15-16, 2021 at the JW Parq Mariott. This will be a joint TAC-ATS conference.